The Best Hiking Trails Around Spearfish
South Dakota features some of the most hiker-friendly topography in the country and offers many opportunities to get outside with hiking trails like.
- Crow Peak Trail: 5.9 miles of birds, wildflowers, and breathtaking scenery.
- Lost Twin Lakes: If you’re heading towards Gillette, WY, this challenging trail will take you near Meadow Lark Lake. Lost Twin Lakes offers stunning vistas.
- Bear Butte: The popular trail near Sturgis offers a 360-degree view of the valley between May and November.
Walking and Strolling Spots
If you prefer your hikes to be a little easier on the knees, or you’re hitting the wilds with small hikers and need an easier path, try these mellow day hikes:
- Roughlock Falls Trail: a 2.1-mile trail with a scenic lake. Take your friends and fido. Yep, Roughlock Falls is dog-friendly!
- Spring Creek Loop: Located near Rapid City, the Loop is a 4.2-mile walk. Check this trail out in spring and summer for the best views.
- Reuter Canyon Trail: This easy hike near Sundance, WY features a shady forest – perfect for summer day hikers.
Contact Juneks CJDR to Learn About Things to Do Around Spearfish, SD
Of course, the hiking trails aren’t the only draw in Spearfish. The area also draws campers and fishermen who love to get out and enjoy all nature has to offer in the Black Hills and the Badlands. Before you head off, make sure you pack your emergency kit and a few bottles of water. Let us know what your favorite activities are and, if you need help finding a way to get there, contact one of our associates – we’re happy to help.
Related Posts from Juneks CJDR
At Juneks CJDR, we’re happy to offer plenty of new Jeep vehicles for sale. But we know that few Jeeps have earned as much attention as the forthcoming 2020 Jeep Gladiator. With an expected release date in the spring of 2019, you can count on finding the Gladiator at our Spearfish car lot soon. Learn more…
The 2019 RAM 1500 has been fully redesigned for the new model year, complete with a wide range of best-in-class towing capacity, class-exclusive features, and advanced technologies. Whether you choose the a quad cab or crew cab, there’s a RAM 1500 configuration out there for any Sundance driver. Explore the 2019 RAM 1500 trim levels…
First things first: what does a serpentine belt do? Well, it powers your alternator, air conditioning compressor, power steering pump, and more. Spearfish drivers: read on to learn what happens when you ignore nagging serpentine belt issues, and read on to learn when to replace it. Trust the service experts at Juneks CJDR. Mopar vs. Aftermarket…